If you know about the Vertical Church, consider
God’s other dimension.
Key Ideas from our Blog:
1. CHRIST’S DREAM CHURCH. Our Lord prayed three times for us to be “one”, that the world may believe. His dream and ours is to see the church’s “love one another” dimension restored, proving to the world that Christ is true and Christians are the real deal. We’ll truly be His witnesses when local churches are cooperating more than competing!
2. IT’S GREEK TO ME: If you don’t know biblical Greek and wished you did, well, our KOINE Road won’t make you Greek scholars, but you will discover mysteries hidden in the KOINE language and culture. Along the way you will see why the Horizontal Church is so critical to fulfilling the Great Commission.
3. WHY DON’T WE GROW? What is the modern church missing? Why aren’t we winning our neighbors? We pray that local congregations will lay claim to Christ’s promise that the world will believe. Our reputation will zoom when we begin to obey His love mandate. His plan is growth through attraction more than promotion.
4. NUTS AND BOLTS: You will find in this post practical steps for church leaders to get started building horizontal church within congregations and with other local churches. We include prayer, worship, witness, mutual care, healing our divisions and small groups. Please share your own ideas.
5. IF GOD BLOGGED, might He tell us our divisions are killing our witness? A million scattered lights cannot pierce the enemy’s darkness. But if we seek to unite in common cause, pray and work as a team, we will shine with His great light and, as He said, the world will believe.
6. GOD’S TEAM: It’s been said people are like sheep—stupid and helpless. Yet sheep, unlike goats, are productive when they team up in flocks under a shepherd. When believers finds their true identity as a team, united in His love, we will be light and salt to the earth and fulfill His Great Commission.
WHY WE DON’T DEBATE. The history of the church is filled with doctrinal disputes which have divided us beyond belief. Since our focus is harmony in the body, we seek honest conversation and questions, not argument…. “Be tolerant of one another, overlook your differences and add love, which binds all things together in unity.” (Col 3: 13, 14 Wade’s translation of the Greek)
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Our header image is Fireball, designed by Sergej Gorodenskiy from Russia.