In this Open Book Quiz, answers are underlined. Score ten points for each correct answer. Score a ten for completion questions if you covered the ideas in the answer. If you missed something, deduct five. If you think your answers are right and ours wrong, please show us how from scripture and earn full credit
- “Bear one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ”(Galatians 6:1 What is Christ’s law? (Law is command (entole) and) Jesus’ command is love one another as he has loved us so the world will recognize we are his disciples. (John 13: 34, 35)
- “Let us do good unto all men, but especially to the household of faith, family of God, and the church are all correct. (Galatians 5:10)
- Agree Scripture teaches believers have a prior obligation to each other than to the lost? (b) Why would that even make sense? Jesus promised that, if His people obeyed his love commandment, this would be evidence to unbelievers that we are his disciples. Moreover, in John 17: 21-23, he prayed for our unity, knowing being of one accord would impress the world towards faith. (Conversely our disunity produces the opposite effect.)
- In Matt. 5:13-16, Jesus spoke of worthless salt and hidden light. This refers to (c) the church (b) From Scriptures in question 2, how may believers lose their worth both to Christ and the world? When we fail to obey his love command and have dissension among ourselves, we fail to model Christ’s love and unity. As Jesus indicated, unbelievers would discredit and ignore us and we become of no value to either Christ or the world.
- In Acts 1 2: 1, 42-46, we notice how “tight” church members were and how they helped each other. They did this because the apostles taught (e) All of the above.
- In Acts 9: 3-4 we read the words “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?” Paul replied, “Who are you, Lord?” And the Lord said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting..
- Who is Paul really persecuting? _His people or the church or body of Christ. Why does Jesus say this to Paul? Because Jesus identifies fully with his church. It is virtually his body on earth—his only hands, feet, ears, eyes to the world,
- (Extra Credit) List two of Paul’s terms for the church found in Ephesians 1 and 2 (a) body of Christ (Ephesians 1:22-23; 2:16–see 4: 4, 16 and 5:30) ; (b) God’s household or family (Ephesians 2: 19 (c) God’s habitation Ephesians 2:22;
- Paul writes (I Cor.11: 28-29) “Let a man examine himself and then let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup. For he that eats and drinks unworthily eats and drinks damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.” (I Cor. 11: 28-29). What body is Paul particularly referring to here? From context, best answer is the body of Christ, His church, the family of God. But give yourself five points if you said his body on the cross.
TOTAL POSSIBLE SCORE _100_ With extra credit: 120 YOUR SCORE__________ Please let us know if some of the answers surprised you or where you disagree with them.