Hint: The answers are from the only original record of these events, not from traditions.
- What is a manger? A: (a) stable; (b) room in a stable; (c) cattle trough; (d) crèche.
- True or False Mary was a virgin when she conceived Jesus and remained so the rest of her life.
- True or False. The magi’s names were Caspar, Balthazar and Melchior.
- Which is not correct regarding Mary and Joseph (a) They were both of the tribe of Judah; (b) Joseph descended from David, Mary did not; (c) Mary’s ancestry was traced back to Adam. (d) Joseph’s ancestry was traced back to Abraham. (e) Joseph had a Gentile, a harlot and an adulteress in his ancestry.
- How many magi visited baby Jesus, according to Matthew? (a) Three; (b) He doesn’t give a number.
- True or False. An angel paid a visit to Joseph to tell him to take Mary as his wife.
- In A Christmas Carol, what is the first name of the main character?
- True or False. According to Luke, Mary and Joseph made the journey to Bethlehem alone.
- True or False. Of the three gospel writers, only Mark says nothing of Jesus’ origins. 10. True or False. According to Matthew. the magi saw and worshiped Jesus while he lay in a manger.